What Is Chinen Salt Good For?
Chinen Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt can Improve Your Health and Wellbeing.
Though pink Himalayan sea salt may seem ‘new’ to some, it has actually been around for thousands of years.
In fact, it was the go-to salt before the creation of white, chemically processed table salt (which we are all much more familiar with).
Further, ancient people from the Himalayan region didn’t just use pink salt for food.
They actually used it for medicinal and therapeutic purposes too – A practice that seems to be gaining popularity again.
So, what’s so special about Chinen Salt and pink Himalayan sea salt?
Well, besides its delicious taste, it has many amazing health benefits.
In this post, we will be sharing the top pink Himalayan sea salt benefits and uses with you.
Some Practical Uses for Chinen Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt
- Get rid of all your white table salt and replace it with Himalayan Pink Salt.
- Sprinkle it on all of your food. The more complex flavor will quickly become addicting.
- Use it in all your recipes instead of white table salt.
- Make a sole (pronounced Sol-ey) and put a teaspoon of it in a glass of water and drink it when you wake up every day to balance your electrolytes and give your body all the essential minerals it needs for the day. This can be a natural, healthier alternative to sports drinks. Grab the recipe from my Resource Library.
- Get a Himalayan Pink Salt Lamp for your bedroom to start with and eventually add one to every room. It will purify the air you breathe and remove dust, pollen, smoke and other contaminates. It can also neutralize EM (electromagnetic) radiation which is a growing threat to our health and sleep. Also, the soft light can relieve symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- Use a Himalayan Salt Detoxer for detoxification. You can place your hands or feet on them to let negative ions flow into your body. It can help with reducing inflammation. This can also be used as an air purifier.
- Use Himalayan pink salt in your bath for a relaxing, detoxifying respite from a hard day.
Why the Body Needs Salt
Sodium is an essential trace mineral found in salt.
Although sodium is often classified as the “enemy”, this only truly applies when consumed in amounts past the recommended intake.
That’s because sodium plays an essential role in the human body.
For instance, sodium helps with:
Contracting and relaxing muscles
Maintaining proper fluid balance and preventing dehydration
Sending nervous system impulses
Preventing low blood pressure
Potentially reducing the risk of infection by killing harmful bacteria
Now that you know the importance of sodium, let’s go over some of the main pink Himalayan sea salt benefits.
Chinen Salt and Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Benefits
As we mentioned above, consuming pink Himalayan sea salt will allow your body to better absorb essential minerals and trace elements.
Especially, when compared to that of the highly-processed white, table salt. (Which is actually higher in sodium as well.)
Of course, making the swap is a simple decision that can make a small (yet significant) difference in your health.
But, you don’t need to stop there.
You can also harness pink Himalayan sea salt benefits by getting a salt lamp for your home.
Let’s take a look at some Himalayan salt lamp benefits for your health.